Finance Manager – UKNEE Cluster Ad Sales
Finance Manager – UKNEE Cluster Ad Sales
Reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance the role is responsible for all aspects of forecasting, accounting and reporting for our UK Pay TV advertising sales, but also supporting on other Ex UK Advertising revenue planning and forecasting.
This is a high profile role and requires high levels of commercial acumen – you will deal with SVP Ad sales in the UK and VP Ad sales leads across the UKNEE Cluster.
Within the confinements of Finance, you will deal with Brand FD’s, frequently providing performance updates. Externally, you will also forge relationships with Sky Media finance. Longer term, you will also be required to develop relationships with other Ex UK sales house teams as we build our knowledge base across the cluster.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Maintain and accurately update the Ad Sales model. This model should include a long range plan, Budgets, Estimate version and all other deliverables in line with the Central FP&A calendar.
- Work closely with Ex UK counterparts ensure we understand performances and incorporate these within any updates on Ad Sales.
- Ensure revenues are booked correctly for month end close by the central accounting team in Budapest (GBS) and all aspects of accounting and internal control processes.
- Track key performance indicators for Ad revenue performance such as channel performance, Total TV, TV Net Advertising Revenues (NAR), Share of Viewing (SOV) and Share of Commercial Impacts (SOCI).
- Support the Business/Commercial teams for any ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities/risks.
- Take a lead on providing accurate cash flow forecasts pertaining to Advertising revenues and periodically feed these into the Cluster FP&A teams for Free Cashflow update purposes.
- Prepare a weekly forecasts of advertising revenue and distribute to the relevant stakeholders
- Work with GBS to ensure revenue accruals are reasonable and accurate on a monthly basis
- Provide a month-end pack including revenue booked, variance analysis to prior year and budget/ forecast, back-up to the accrued revenue
- Periodically update TM1 with channel performance forecasts assumptions and ensure these assumptions are in sync with our latest signed off assumptions.
- Assist SVP Commercial for Ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise
- Maintain a Risks & Opps tracker which in turn will feed into the wider UK Cluster FP&A Risks and Opps tracker document across all P&L lines.
- Assist with annual audit requirements and SOX processes.
- Experience of working in a fast paced finance department preferably with in revenue based role
- Experience of working in a media environment but not essential
- Advanced excel skills with experience of dealing with complex models
- Business partnering
- High levels of commercial acumen
- Project management
- Ability to analyse problems from many different angles and provide a range of outcomes
- Ability to analyse high volumes of data and draw conclusions as to the key drivers
- High level of attention to detail a must whilst able to maintain focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with all levels of seniority within the organisation and externally
- Must be able to work without direct supervision
- Working to tight deadlines
VIMN Core Competencies:
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Acts consistently with their words
- Follows ethical business practices
- Works effectively through job and organisation changes
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
Passion & Optimism
Teamwork & Transparency
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.