Picture & Content Executive
Job Title: Picture & Content Executive
Reporting To: Senior Director, Brand PR
Location: Camden Town
Channel 5 is on one of the most exciting journeys in the UK media landscape. With a rapidly evolving and unique programming slate, growth in ratings and increased investment in original content, industry recognition and multiple award nominations, the UK’s third largest commercial broadcaster is fast building reputation and winning over new viewers.
We are looking for a dynamic Picture & Content Executive with a strong knowledge and experience of TV/film productions, project management, talent relations, archiving, and managing. This job will reside within Channel 5’s publicity team and will play an important role as the channel continues to evolve its programming and reputation for quality content. It will also dovetail with the Content Producer role on the marketing team, working collaboratively together on content requirements. To be successful in this role, you must be able to strategically plan and execute on multiple projects at once. You must be extremely well organised, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand PR, the Picture and Content Executive responsibilities will include:
- Create a workflow for managing, distributing and gathering all assets for press for Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA, 5Spike and Paramount Network.
- Deal with journalists, picture desk and other media enquiries on a continual basis providing images for all Channels, ensuring exclusives and pitching out set up shots.
- Work closely with journalists and production companies to provide additional images to aid features and creative activity when needed.
- Give support, advice and guidance to the production companies on their contractual requirements and the style of images that need to be provided.
- Work through potential budget and timing issues that the production companies may have and suggest solutions.
- Select all images to be approved for press usage, liaise with Commissioners to flag any suggestions to ensure they’re in line with the editorial, potential legal issues etc.
- Work closely with in house teams to ensure all needs for creative stunts, premieres, events and photoshoots assets are distributed, complied, and on brand.
- Select and prepare all images for the weekly Programme Information Press booklet.
- Handle digital asset management and archiving including transferring, renaming, attaching metadata, adjusting, backing up and uploading.
- Issues all images to journalists via online library.
- Work closely with the assigned publicist on programme strategy, ensuring all images are available when needed and images are held back for exclusives to secure maximum press.
- Build relationships with emerging digital outlets identifying picture and content opportunities which will help extend reach.
- Proactively identify visually-led news angles around content.
- Deal with press syndication requests.
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Experience of working on a busy picture desk – ideally broadcast but if not, then within a busy media title - Strong team player who loves collaborating - Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills - Extensive contacts across media picture desks
- Creative and news focused with an eye for a story
- Proactive with a good knowledge of where opportunities exist
- Interest in evolving media landscape opportunities - Strong eye for editing and selecting visual assets
Channel 5 launched as Britain's fifth public service channel in March 1997. It reaches 4 in 5 of the UK viewing public each month with a broad mix of popular content. Sister channels 5STAR, 5USA and Spike complement Channel 5 with a mix of original commissions, acquired entertainment and U.S. drama, while Demand 5 is a free catch-up service available across multiple platforms and devices. In 2014, Channel 5 was the only major commercial free-to-air network to grow audience share across the most valuable TV audiences. Since September 2014, Channel 5 has been owned by Viacom International Media Networks.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.
This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.