Job Title: Audio/PA Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
Salary: £35k p.a. negotiable dependent on experience, full-time, permanent
My client is the leading technical service provider for a unique sporting industry with over 70 years’ experience of providing technical services.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality public address coverage for all meetings in the UK.
- Operation and maintenance of public address systems. Both legacy systems and new installations.
- Overseeing installation by own staff or others of new public address installations.
- Positively interact with colleagues and customers to ensure excellent service delivery for all stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Good working knowledge of the operation of public address systems.
- Good knowledge and understanding of 100V line distribution systems.
- Good understanding of the technical parameters involved in audio systems design.
- Good working knowledge of current digital signal processing (DSP)-based audio technology.
- Familiarity with RF systems and radio communications equipment.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience of working on construction sites.
- Confident, clear speaking voice and ability to use it in a public environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to ‘tight’ deadlines.
- Strong inter personal skills to communicate effectively and be part of a team.
- Able to plan tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Able to regularly attend head office up to 3 days per week.
- Manage and maintain technical equipment and PA systems.
- Manage and plan installation work.
- Planning and scheduling of staff and equipment resources.
- Equipment preparation.
- Occasional race day cover including announcements so confident public speaker.
- Monitoring performance of staff, sub contract companies/freelancers.
- Assist with design, specification and implementation of new installations.
- Site supervision of new installations.
- Appropriate level of education in sound engineering or similar
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential