Broadcast Engineer, Junior OB Engineer & Edit Assistant.
Looking for a new career opportunity in 2019? Behind the Scenes have a range of exciting job opportunities to start in the new year. So don’t delay, get your CV in now and beat the January rush!
Broadcast Engineer & Junior Broadcast Engineer
Two exciting permanent opportunities has arisen for talented Broadcast Engineers to join a leading television broadcast facility based in West London. Two years or more experience since graduation for the Junior position is required and 5+ years for the senior level position.
The perfect candidate would have experience of building, configuring and supporting the following:
- Avid Media Composer on PC and Mac Platforms
- Adobe Creative Cloud on PC and Mac
- Avid ISIS and Nexis shared storage
- Avid Interplay, Media Indexer and Transfer Manager
- Clustered Avid Interplay
- Dell, Netgear and Cisco Network Switches for Avid and EVS Networks
- EVS XT(3) Servers
- EVS XFile(3)
- EVS IP Director
- EVS XSquare
- EVS Database Servers
- EVS IPWeb
- Knowledge of the surrounding broadcast infrastructure technology, HDSDI, routers, embedded audio
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Assistant to help support edit suites & technical aspects of day-to-day operations in an independent, well established post-production facility based in Central London.
To succeed in this role, you'll need:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a position as machine room operator and Avid Media Composer technical support.
- Good working knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
- Ability to work as part of a small and flexible team
- Flexibility to work shift patterns including weekends
- Knowledge of Interplay, ISIS and Content Agent would be useful but not essential.
Junior Outside Broadcast Engineer
- The Junior OB Engineer will be required to fulfil a wide range of engineering tasks on location covering video and audio signal quality, camera racking, communications, links, rigging, testing, establishing external feeds, troubleshooting in a live sports OB environment
- The Junior OB engineer will support the Guarantee Engineer and Unit Manager on-site, assist other members of the crew to ensure delivery of a high-quality service.
- At base the Junior OB Engineer will participate the planning and preparation of larger fixtures. Trainee Engineers will also be expected to undergo HGV driver training.
- It is expected that the Junior OB Engineer will cover Guarantee Engineers on occasions after gaining suitable experience.
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of Outside Broadcast and live sports broadcasting desirable
- Knowledge of HD-SDI and/or IP Broadcast systems
- Understanding of broadcast IT systems
- Familiar with key broadcast systems such as camera channels, matrices, switchers etc.
- Competent in use of electrical supply systems typically up to 63amp single phase
- Practical approach to problem-solving to rectify faults and/or establish a ‘work round’
- Physically fit to manually move equipment to all appropriate locations.
- Able to plan tasks and prioritise effectively
- Appetite for continuous learning across all aspects of Outside Broadcasting
- Willingness to educate, develop and mentor junior/trainee engineers
- Comfortable with working at heights, in isolation and exposed to the weather.
- Adept at MS Office and Broadcast IT
- Degree level of education in engineering or media/broadcast or similar
- Ability to work under pressure and to ‘tight’ deadlines
- Strong inter personal skills to communicate effectively and be part of a team
- Proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Willingness to perform 1st line maintenance
- A full clean UK driving licence preferable
Apply for Broadcast Engineer, Junior OB Engineer & Edit Assistant.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly