Script Editor, Fair City
RTÉ is Ireland’s national public service media organisation. A leader in Irish media, RTÉ provides comprehensive, cost effective, free-to-air multi-media services to the public in Ireland and interested audiences internationally.
RTÉ Content is responsible for delivering the most compelling programming and content across our television, radio and digital channels. Drama & Comedy in Content now wish to hire a Script Editor for Fair City, to begin on January 7th, 2019. Fair City is a prime time serial drama comprising of 200 episodes per year, broadcasting on RTÉ One, and is a cornerstone of RTÉ One’s schedule and is the primary series in the channel’s drama output.
Reporting to the Series and Executive Producers, the Script Editor is a key member of the production team within Fair City, working within the existing editorial framework as set out by the executive producer and the production resources of the show. The Script Editor works closely with the writers at each draft of their scripts and carries out edits with the script writers, giving feedback on their work, suggesting improvements that can be made whilst also ensuring that practical issues like show continuity, budgetary considerations and correct running times are adhered to.
The successful candidate should have:
- Significant practical experience in serial drama, at script editor level or higher, or transferable skills at an equivalent level
- A good understanding of a serial drama, its inherent heavy work load and high volume quick turn around
- Strong dramatic instincts with exceptional language and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, Fair City
- Ambition for increasing the role of Fair City within Irish culture
- Team instincts, with an imaginative approach to problem solving
- A good standard of education and background in language and literature is desirable
Applicants are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae together with cover letter (attach as one document). Assessments may also form part of the selection process.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday, December 17th 2018.
This post will be offered on a fixed term employment contract for a period of one year. The salary scale for this role is from €45,628 gross p.a. to €68,343 gross p.a.
RTÉ is committed to diversity in its workplace. RTÉ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social experience, race and ethnicity, disability, civil and family status, religious belief and membership of the Traveller Community.