SCRIPT COORDINATOR, CG ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
1 day left
- Job Type
SALARY RANGE: £400 - £600 per week
CLOSING DATE: 21-Dec-2018
TERM: January 2019 – June 2019, with option to extend
Locksmith Animation has an opportunity for a Script CoOrdinator to be involved in our first feature film. Based in London, and partnering with Double Negative’s new Feature Animation division, we are creating a high quality CG movie in partnership with 20th Century Fox.
A Script CoOrdinator is responsible for keeping the master production script current at all times, tracking and inputting revisions from a variety of sources. The Script CoOrdinator schedules, prepares, and attends all scratch and production dialogue recording sessions, manages recording priorities and takes Director notes. This position demands thorough organization and attention to detail.
- Act as central hub and version manager for the production script
- Update Producers, Directors, Editors with all notable story/script changes as they occur
- Track dialogue recording status at all times: regularly update the Producer and Editorial Department with dialogue recording status summaries, including outstanding character line count.
- Incorporate all Director approved changes to scripted material and attend all meetings where such changes are likely take place.
- Create a conformed script after every story reel screening
- Track scratch dialogue based on story deliveries, script revisions, and Director and/or Editor requests.
- Arrange and attend scratch recording sessions: book recording studio, talent, edit team, and the Directors.
- Attend Production dialogue recording sessions: schedule dialogue review sessions with the Director as needed; update the script with the review notes. Prep and distribute the recording material for the Actors, Director, and all other session attendees.
- During recording sessions, recording priorities must be managed, and the Director’s preferred takes (line readings) logged and conveyed to the Editor.
- Create and maintain digital and paper systems for internal and external tracking, distribution, and script archival for the duration of the film – from development to the final conformed (to theatrical release) production script.
- Take notes during Director reviews for script revisions.
- Track writer contribution to determine writer credits.
- Liaise with the Legal Department to ensure that scripted material is appropriate and within established copyright guidelines.
- Responsible for the security of development material as well as production scripts.
- Reports to either the Story or Editorial departments.
- Other duties may include scheduling meetings between the Writer and the Director, help cast the scratch talent, and write character descriptions for casting packets and marketing purposes.
- We need somebody to hit the ground running so we would like at least 3 years of practical experience in feature-animation, short-animation films, feature production, or equivalent experience.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail and follow-through, and the ability to function under pressure. A keen visual and auditory memory a plus.
- Ability to follow direction, work autonomously, and on a team
- Must be a knowledgeable and effective communicator across the production pipeline
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Final Draft, Excel, and Word.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for SCRIPT COORDINATOR, CG ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly