Our client; who is a major international broadcaster, is looking for an associate Design Engineer to join their broadcast technology team and be trained up and advance their careers in broadcasting.
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate or someone starting out, to start on the bottom run in broadcast technology. You will be at the cutting edge of the new exciting technological changes currently being implemented in the Broadcast world.
We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, has a can-do attitude, very hard working, with the ability to learn quickly.
Is that you?
- Design of resilient and robust broadcast designs to make an impact in our clients key systems contributing to its on-going success.
- Creation and maintaining of high-level designs documentation.
- Creation of accurate low-level design and configuration documentation.
- Work with Manufacturers and stake holders on requirement gathering and new technologies to broaden your experience to deliver new functionality for our customers & audiences.
- Solid understanding of Broadcast Engineering principles, understanding of Video and Audio Technologies including compression/encoding technologies.
- Knowledge of SDI over IP standards (including SMPTE2022-6/7 and ST2110)
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals and Ethernet based technologies. (TCP/IP, UDP, QoS etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present their ideas in front of stake holders and colleagues from a range of business areas and backgrounds.
- Good knowledge and experience in use of Windows/MAC/Linux and applications such as MS Office/Visio/OmniGraffle is desirable.
- Core skills such as attention to detail, problem solving and an ability to “Think outside of the box”.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of virtualisation and cloud technologies (virtualised playout, S3 object storage)
- BSc/MSc. in Engineering, electronics or a science-based field or a Media Based engineering qualification.
020 8948 9400
November 15th, 2019