AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie's growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. For more information, please visit .
The Associate Director for Oncology Consumer Marketing leads the development of patient facing plans including strategy development and tactics for a launch brand including value propositions, positioning, segmentation, strategy and omni channel strategy and creative development. The Associate Director serves as the patient, brand and product subject matter expert for consumer marketing within the organization.
The Associate Director will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and execution plans. Internally, the Associate Director will foster positive working relationships and be highly collaborative with the Integrated Brand Team including HCP marketing, patient services, sales force, medical affairs, medical review, market research, sales training, regulatory review, business analytics, customer experience, paid media and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the Associate Director works with various agency partners and consultants to successfully lead consumer strategy and execution. The Associate Director must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority, while building a collaborative, integrated commercial brand team. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the consumer strategic and tactical plan development
- Lead the long-term consumer strategy, including across indications as applicable, as the brand moves into the growth phase of its lifecycle
- Collaborate with external agencies, internal partners and leadership to build, manage and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives and goals
- Manage strategy and project development of DTC advertising for brand awareness, acquisition and conversion initiatives through a variety of channels which may include; CRM, direct marketing, in-office, print, SEM, Digital Media, Mobile, broadcast TV with strong emphasis in web based communications.
- Work with internal cross functions groups (Public Affairs, Professional Marketing, Patient Services, Legal, Regulatory, Medical and Project Management) and external (Ad Agency, Digital and Media Agency, Database agency) to insure integration and consistency of consumer business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional material.
- Understand trends in the marketplace impacting Consumer Marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis
- Lead competitive assessment and implications that are relevant for specific indications
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to ensure positive return on investment and achieve brand objectives.
- Help patients better manage their conditions through improved patient experiences.
- Grow brand/product penetration, share and awareness.
- Effectively track and manage the marketing budget.
- Consistently execute multiple marketing projects in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership, direction and development for direct reports.
Significant Work Activities
- BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience with heavy experience in digital marketing, with the ideal candidate having some previous Pharma experience and broadcast
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- DTC mass media (TV, Print, Web) experience
- Understanding of social media platforms and their application
- Apply marketing concepts in the development of marketing plans and programs including brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, market research, marketing objectives/strategies, patient segmentation, etc. Experience with AbbVie's 1-7-5 marketing planning process preferred.
- A balance of analytical capability and creative vision.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with several types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong planning and organization skills, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance.
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Travel
Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Type
Full-timeJob Level Code
MEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.