To support and maintain broadcast and IT equipment, provide technical advice and expertise to operational and programme activities.
Key Responsibilities and Behaviors
- To be responsible for maintaining technical equipment and systems to the required technical and safety standards with minimum disruption to operational activities
- To interpret and diagnose technical problems from a range of sources, providing innovative solutions or workarounds.
- To understand the operation of technical equipment and its use in production activities.
- Ensure that all work is logged and where appropriate, charged for, and that assets are logged to their correct locations.
- To initiate and comply with Change Control procedures
An appreciation of programme making and ability to provide support for Productions across all platforms to quickly resolve problems and provide workarounds if necessary to minimise delays to programme recordings.
The Broadcast Support Engineer should have some of the following:
- Experienced in supporting video Post-Production systems, non-linear editing clients such as Avid media composer and back end systems such as ISIS and Interplay.
- Experienced in supporting audio Post Productions systems, such as digital audio workstations (Pro tools), mixing consoles and hardware used within the dubbing environment.
- Experienced in supporting Radio Editing systems e.g. Radioman
- Experienced in supporting Apple Mac and editing software such as Final Cut Pro.
- Experienced in supporting Radio Studios and associated equipment
- Experienced in supporting Television Studios including good knowledge of cameras (handheld, shoulder mount and system) and studio infrastructure such as Calrec sound desks.
- Experience of VizRt graphics systems support
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP and high level protocols
- Experienced in supporting a broad range of IT technology and how Broadcast Technology is converging within this domain
- Experienced in supporting Playout automation Miranda/ Omnibus and Video media servers – Harmonic/Omneon
- A good knowledge of Transmission infrastructure, Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD)
- Experienced in supporting Snell/Pro-bel Masterpiece mixers
- A good knowledge of Transcoding systems,
- Experience of multi-channel audio – Dolby
- Standard knowledge of all relevant statutory safety standards.