Our client; who is a leading broadcaster based in West London, are looking for a Support Shift Engineer to provide support to their Graphics & Data Solutions department. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work.
The Graphics and Data Support team is at the cutting edge of convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures. You will be working on high profile shows, such as; International News, Sports News, Soccer Saturday, Premier football shows etc.
The shift team, work with a wide range of technologies from Windows 7 Administration to High-End Graphics software such as VizRT, Chyron/Hego, installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining. No two days are the same in this fast-paced and exciting broadcast environment.
Our client will offer on the job training, so this is an ideal opportunity for someone who has had several years experience in broadcast support, is IT savvy and has the right can-do attitude and ability to learn quickly.
Key responsibilities for the Support Shift Team:
- Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and unplanned 24/7 support requirements.
- Oversee internal ticketing system and ensure that all open cases are being followed up and users/requesters are kept up to date.
- Ensure systems documentation are up to date and relevant
- To ensure that tasks allocated are carried out to a high level in an appropriate time frame.
- To ensure the tasks are always coordinated properly for the handover and hand back of live systems. To ensure that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
- To ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent a repetition of any faults and improve future systems availability and team response.
- Escalate to the relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on the resolution of incidents.
- To demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations where competing interests exist within the departments and with third parties.
We do have a full spec of the skills and background required for this role, but as mentioned, our client will offer assistance and training to someone who might not have all the technical requirements but can show an ability to learn quickly.
Please call us to discuss?
020 8948 9400
August 1st 2019