The Technology Team is responsible for the design, development, deployment and third-line support of the business systems and media logistics infrastructure. This includes the integration platform based on JBoss Fuse, the business systems, the Data infrastructure, and elements of the media management, workflow and metadata systems required to ingest, enrich and deliver content to linear and VoD destinations.
Business Analysts work directly with our representatives and partner businesses in order to document requirements that define required changes to existing processes and systems, or define requirements for the selection, procurement and development of new systems.
- Through interviews, focus groups, team sessions and so on, capture and document processes, issues and challenges, system usage and configurations, organisation change requirements and other artefacts
- Be able to synthesise captured artefacts into requirements covering people, process and technology change
- Write specification documents for system enhancements, process and organisation change and improvements
- Present suggested process, system and organisation change in written and verbal form to stakeholders at all levels of the company and partners in order to secure feedback and/or agreement to change
- Rigorously follow solution delivery processes and conventions - e.g. code management, ticket management, the company agile process
- Work with other members of the solutions delivery, product team and third parties in order to deliver and embed change within the organisation
- By example, to foster a collaborative environment, and actively motivate the team to work together in an efficient manner, and share lessons learnt - be an advocate for the work of the solutions delivery team across the organisation, communicating benefit delivered by the department
- Liaise with external suppliers such as MediaGenix and others in order to ensure that solutions proposed are appropriate and exploit existing tools as much as possible
- Develops new, innovative and creative solutions to business challenges
- Routinely identifies, investigates and fixes complex problems across the business.
- Question complexity and ensure that the simplest sensible delivery options are chosen over and above “clever” solutions
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Knowledge of media supply chain systems, and television broadcast management systems, preferably MediaGenix’s Whats’On product
- Experience with process mapping, developing user stories and other business analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of XML and XSLT and other information interchange solutions desirable
- Experience of content rights, contracts (Rights In) and distribution rights tracking (Rights Out) desirable
- Proven experience in solution capture and design – process, system change and
020 8948 9406