UKTV are looking for a Commissioning Executive to join their small team, working across the whole Comedy entertainment (non-scripted) slate. This is an amazing opportunity to work with some fantastic talent and really have an impact on the Comedy programming, across UKTV channels, specifically Dave and Gold.
You will be a Series Producer or on a similar level, with experience of running shows in the comedy entertainment space. You will be responsible for taking shows from an initial idea, through to development, sign off, production and edit. You will have any eye for spotting great ideas and developing these into award winning shows. You will be ready to really get under the skin of the channel’s tone and strategy, and ultimately to help influence the direction of the content on Dave and Gold. You will have good contacts, including talent (both established and up and coming), agents, and Production companies, with well-established relationships across the industry. You will be super thorough and organised in order to juggle a wide and varied programming slate, with the ability to ensure that projects are compliant and coming in within budget at all stages in the process.
In the role you will:
- Oversee a slate of programmes as directed by the head of Comedy Entertainment and to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the agreed editorial specification
- Ensure the programmes under their management reflect the driving imperative of the Commissioning department which is to deliver innovative commissions on all platforms
- Ensure at all times that programmes fully meet compliance and other regulatory frameworks referring any relevant issues to the senior commissioning editor
- Develop and progress innovative ideas using own initiative and in line with the commissioning strategy set by the Head of Comedy Entertainment.
- Follow UKTV’s financial procedures ensuring all supplier agreements and payments are processed within company guideline
- Ensure programmes within their slate are delivered within the approved budget; UKTV operates a fixed priced deal on commissions and this role ensures there are no overspends
- Under the direction of the Head of Comedy Entertainment, direct specific projects in the development process and the short listing of proposals, encouraging a risk-taking, innovative approach to ideas development
- Work collaboratively within the Commissioning team to identify and nurture specific talent in line with the commissioning strategy and to establish strong links with key on screen talent in their genre
- Understand the scope and purpose of UKTV’s commissioning strategy and to maximise the potential contribution of projects in development and production to the delivery of the strategy
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.