The Ideal Candidate:
BSc/MSc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or and Media Based engineering, or in lieu of degree, relevant experience in a broadcast engineering role with a broad mix of experience.
- Solid understanding of Broadcast systems, networks & software engineering principles, methodologies, design patterns, algorithms and data structures. Understanding of Video and Audio Technologies including Video Codec compression such as AVCi 100, VoD Streaming, File based Media Workflows. Knowledge of one or more object orientated programming languages such as Java/Perl, together with industry experience writing robust software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a passion for delivering to a high standard within short timescales.
- AutoCAD/Windows/MAC/Linux/MS Office/Visio/OmniGraffle
- Broadcast software applications such as Signiant, EVS, BCS, Ardome, Avid, Quantel, Rohzet Elemental, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Windows & OSX
- Experience with Storage Systems such as EMC Isilon/IBM/Media Grid.
- Experience and understanding of Production workflows related to VIZ Ardome/One, Avid, SAM (Quantel) and EVS.
- Understanding of Transcoding and large scale transcode systems, Encryption and related workflows.
We do have a full job spec, which we can send on.
020 8948 9400