A great opportunity for a Distribution (Media Systems) Engineer (Broadcast) required for high profile West London TV Client
This position deals with the implementation of the technical and operational requirements for the delivery of all the broadcaster feeds via satellite and fibre to its customers across the EMEA region, ensuring they conform to industry standards and corporate best practice.
The position is a paternity cover for 5 months so skilled general broadcast engineer or distribution engineer required.
With a focus on networking, international satellite and fibre methodology and compression and distribution technologies; the role requires effective management and configuration of in-house systems and liaison with and management of third party service providers, liaison with affiliates, execution of projects, tracking of technological developments and the implementation of operational procedures, systems and standards.
The role requires a keen eye for detail, a thorough and methodical approach to projects as well as the ability to manage individual priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Distribution Engineer is expected to understand the technology needs of an effective distribution network.
This person will be expected to understand and allocate resources in the most appropriate fashion and ensure records and documentation are kept up to date
- Responsible for delivery of television feeds and content to customers across the EMEA region
- Working closely with third party service providers
- Configuration, operation and support of in-house systems
- Timely execution of Distribution Engineering projects
- Reacting to faults and issues and working closely with operations teams to resolve them
- Assist with budget preparation and control expenditure
- Monitor, maintain and improve the quality of output
- Enforcement and updating of engineering technical standards
- Maintain strong cross department and client relationships
- Participation in the department on-call rota
- Educated to degree level, BSc or BEng or equivalent experience
- Proven track record and demonstrable multi-year experience in broadcast technology and engineering
- Understanding and relevant experience of compression systems
- Understanding and relevant experience of satellite and fibre distribution systems
- Understanding and mature experience of multi-channel international distribution
- Relevant experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Comfortable in a complex International matrix organisation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to deliver on time and to high levels of quality
- International travel possible
- Keen interest in the wider television industry with an eye on future technological and business advancements