As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong operational lead to serve as a key leader of Sinclair's RSN Media Operations Center. You will be intimately involved in the design and build the new, state of the art operations and technology for Sinclair's RSNs. You will oversee the management of all departments within the RSN Media Operations Center including traffic, transmission scheduling, on-air operations, distribution operations and program operations. You will also be responsible for liaising with RSN employees in all regions and with senior leadership and serving as the lead point of contract for the RSN Media Operations Center 3rd party providers. In addition to providing oversight, you will also be responsible for managing and reporting on all budgetary items for the RSN Media Operations Center. You will play a critical role in ensuring Sinclair's RSN Media Operations Center run smoothly and provide engaging Sports content to viewers across the country.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
- Define and oversee operational performance metrics, Standard Operating Procedures, and reporting
- Oversee the management of all departments within the RSN Media Operations Center, including transmission scheduling, on-air operations, distribution operations and program operations teams that are critical to building products and solutions to evolve the business
- Set, manage, and report on RSN Media Operations Center budget
- Operate as the primary point of contact between Sinclair leadership, Regional Sports Network properties and all 3rd party providers that support the central RSN Media Operations Center
- Ensure contract documentation accurately reflects products/services provided via assigned 3rd party relationships and monitor 3rd party providers' ability to deliver against contractual requirements and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Reconcile and ensure payment of 3rd party provider invoices, purchase orders and spend management
- Influence effective collaborative partnerships with 3rd party providers and Sinclair stakeholders; evaluate 3rd party relationships and ensure utilization of top-tier providers in the market
- Support the development of key performance indicators for the RSN Media Operations Center and 3rd party providers
- Modernize approach to 3rd party relationships management
- Drive enterprise value through analysis of the strategic objectives; develop projections of future demand related to 3rd party relationships based on expertise in business, industry, and other trends
- Provide thought leadership in the RSN Media Operations business; consistently look for innovative ways to improve performance
- Consult on metrics, tools, and processes to optimize workflows, sourcing, and supplier management - and work collaboratively with business partners to prioritize and drive implementation of improvement initiatives
People Management & Development
- Build and develop high-performing, engaged teams as part of the next generation of digital and innovative entertainment
- Inspire a culture of continuous learning and adoption of digital and emerging technologies
- Champion a differentiated employee experience where people come to follow their passions and grow their career
- 12+ years of relevant broadcast industry work experience
- 8+ years senior management experience
- Strong and positive leadership skills required especially a proven track record of leading and motivating large teams
- Proven experience managing major vendor or large contractual 3rd party providers against SLAs
- Experience with financial management and financial reporting
- Proven experience setting long-term strategy and operationalizing new processes
- Proven experience running large-scale operation centers
- Experience with live sports integration required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.