Position: Graphic Artist
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
Salary Range: $36,551 - $45,689
We are looking for a talented, ambitious designer to join our Marketing & Communications team. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team, with requests from other departments or the agency as a whole. You will need to be comfortable dealing with multiple concurrent projects from concept to final production. Three years of experience with a portfolio of live and personal projects is required. You will have proven skills using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and enjoy dabbling in other design applications as well. The role is perfect for a designer with an obsessive attention to detail and an eagerness to learn, develop and grow. Your projects will span a range of disciplines including print, digital and spatial, and an interest (and experience) in motion video production would be an advantage. You will be working within the agency's brand guidelines, with a fondness for usable, accessible design.
Essential Job Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Able to take ideas from concept to print
- Proactive with a good attention to detail
- Experience working on print, exhibition and digital projects
- Strong typographic knowledge and typesetting skills
- Must understand the importance of brand standards
- Can work both self-sufficiently and collaboratively, creating original work or developing from an existing design consistently
- Produce and supply artwork for print, digital, to the highest standards, liaise with external suppliers or printers
- Ensure successful delivery of allocated design projects, handling multiple jobs concurrently
- Excellent working knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- An eagerness to learn and incorporate motion graphics and production for broadcast a plus
- Responsible for Managing records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental
- Policy, relevant EMS standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions: Must effectively communicate with staff members, other agencies, businesses, and the general public. Will coordinate the production of materials with printing or publishing companies. Must consistently promote creative, innovative ideas; requires excellent communications and writing skills.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Software applications: High level of experience in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office. Proficient in Mac and PC
Training and/or Education: Associates Degree from an accredited college in design.
Required Experience: Two years professional design experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Valid VA Driver's License
Special Requirements: This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Physical Demands: Must be able to operate a keyboard device. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Unusual Demands: Must work outside regular business hours as required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.