RTÉ is looking for a Head of Distribution and Strategic Partnerships to lead the distribution strategy to ensure widespread access to and prominence for RTÉ’s world class portfolio of linear and on-demand services on platforms. The successful candidate will lead the team responsible for negotiating terms and managing relationships with partners that address prominence, discovery and relevance for RTÉ’s Television, Radio and OTT services across multiple devices and platforms including TV operators, global technology companies and social platforms.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of analysing market intelligence, commercial developments and crucially technical innovations to drive RTÉ’s understanding of the present and future media landscape and how changes may impact on the distribution of RTÉ content and services.
As Head of Distribution and Strategic Partnerships you will also be responsible for developing new business partnerships and opportunities for RTÉ to enter new markets, devising new business models and business cases to support these initiatives.
This is an opportunity to work with Ireland’s leading media brand, partner with some of the most exciting companies in the world, work with cutting edge technologies and bring exciting third party innovations and technologies into the organisation to help create and deliver new audience experiences.
- Lead the development and execution of RTÉ’s distribution strategy to ensure widespread access and prominence of RTÉ’s portfolio of services and content across multiple devices and platforms in a fast evolving media landscape. Ensure RTÉ’s strategy is relevant and adaptable to emerging trends and developments e.g. voice.
- Develop a commercial framework and devise commercial models for existing and emerging distribution activities. Lead commercial negotiations with platforms to grow revenue and secure value for RTÉ services and content.
- Strategically monitor developments in the media and technology landscape and anticipate opportunities and implications for RTÉ.
- Collaborate with external partners and develop new business partnerships to enter new markets and bring content to audiences.
- Work with stakeholders and teams across RTÉ to develop platform roadmaps for the distribution of video, audio and text across existing and emerging OTT platforms.
- Develop and grow strategic relationships with the broader digital and technology industry to understand and explore new developments to develop and access content, funding for new opportunities and new ways to be relevant to audiences.
- Track performance of RTÉ content and services on different platforms, in addition to developments in the ecosystem to inform future activities.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a senior leader working with knowledge of the media and technology industry, excellent commercial experience in negotiating complex commercial deals and devising new commercial and business models and possess excellent relationship and influencing skills with an ability to deal with senior executives and multiple external partners.
Candidates are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in this role. Both must be attached as one document in the online application process.
This position will be offered on a three year fixed-term employment contract.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 1st November 2019
This position is based in RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, Ireland.
RTÉ is an equal opportunities employer