Merman Television was founded in 2014 by award-winning duo Sharon Horgan and Clelia Mountford. Since then, Merman has gathered multiple accolades the world over, including BAFTA, Emmy and RTS nominations. Merman has expanded globally since launch and has offices in London, New York and Los Angeles. Merman now includes a world renowned commercial production arm and short form content company via Merman’s sister company Mermade.
Merman’s recent TV projects include: There She Goes for BBC4, starring David Tennant and Jessica Hynes; Women on the Verge for UKTV’s W channel, starring Kerry Condon, Nina Sosanya and Eileen Walsh and written by Lorna Martin; Motherland for BBC2 starring Anna Maxwell Martin, Lucy Punch and Diane Morgan; Bliss for Sky 1 starring Heather Graham and Stephen Mangan; the fourth series of the award-winning Catastrophe for Channel 4/Amazon created by and starring Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney and Divorce by Sharon Horgan for HBO starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Hayden Church, with many more in development and production.
- Head of Drama.
- Based at our London offices in Blackfriars Road, Southwark, London SE1.
AIMS OF THE JOB
- Reporting to the co-founders, the Head of Drama will be responsible for originating and leading the development of exciting and innovative new drama ideas and most importantly delivering them to series.
- Merman is looking for a very senior executive with a proven track record in being able to successfully deliver Drama and grow their division.
- Meeting with writers, producers, agents, directors, co-producers and financiers in order to identify and develop new talent and projects.
- Meeting with broadcasters to sell our Drama concepts to UK and international networks.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable Head of Drama and/or ideally Senior Drama Producer experience at the highest level.
- To have both a passion and extensive knowledge of UK and international drama across film, television, literary and all other media.
- To have proven leadership and senior management skills and experience.
- Excellent contacts and reputation within the industry having already built strong working relationships with agents, writers and talent.
- Experience of script reading, script structuring and story-telling with sound editorial judgement and sensitivity, both verbally and on paper through very detailed and inspiring notes.
- Good understanding of the international market including tax credits and grants, co-production and other commercial opportunities in all media globally.
- To proactively seek out and nurture up and coming diverse talent in order to foster an inclusive environment both on and off screen.
- Managing Drama Development Producer.
Merman Television is an equal opportunities employer.