Junior Video Editor - Comedy Central
Camden Town, London
23-month Fixed-Term Contract
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all year round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Comedy Central UK is looking for a hilarious, internet-obsessed Junior Video Editor to join the Digital team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about pop culture, seriously into social media, and filled with a desire to make videos that will make viewers swipe, share and laugh out loud.
The successful candidate will be responsible for production, editing and post-production of engaging and relevant content for our digital platforms, assisting in arranging shoot logistics, collaborating with editorial teams, coming up with ideas, filming and editing content.
The role would suit someone with experience in a fast-paced, creative environment, particularly those with an interest in the social media and entertainment industries.
We’re looking for someone with a unique sense of humour that fits the Comedy Central brand, coupled with a passion for creating, dissecting and consuming all kinds of content. Experience with Adobe Premiere and a keen eye for detail are essential, and knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and camera skills are preferred.
- Creative. Constantly able to find new and innovative ways to engage and tell stories to our audience.
- A pop culture junkie. Your day begins online, scanning your phone and the internet to find out what you missed.
- A multi-tasker. Prepared to juggle multiple responsibilities, deadlines and personalities in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, adapting swiftly to a changing landscape.
- A team player. Able to communicate and collaborate with editors and writers across all platforms, video producers, designers, sales and marketing and business development.
- Super organised. A short-term and long-term planner who’s unlikely to panic when something inevitably goes wrong.
- Funny. And a fan of Comedy Central.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medical Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Creativity: Push beyond the expected
Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
Collaboration: Work together as one team
Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
Trust: Assume best intentions
Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome