We are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer, Broadcast Systems and Workflows to support CBS Sports Network. The position requires a solid technical IT background to maintain on-air operations of server-based digital video and audio control systems, graphics and non-linear editing systems, automation systems and their associated software and hardware infrastructure, as well as maintenance, installation and design of traditional broadcast equipment.
- Configure, service and support all aspects of on-air and post-production broadcast automation systems; specifically network configurations and control platforms.
- Provide technical (hardware, software, and networking) support for NY-based Post Production facility including: Adobe Premier, Microsoft and Apple Operating systems, IP networking and video equipment including EVS.
- Coordinate and execute the implementation of new project initiatives and technologies as well as the routine day to day troubleshooting and maintenance functions on all broadcast network systems.
- Provide system integration in both production and post-production infrastructure including but not limited to: System build out and integration, cable fabrication, cable installation, equipment installation and documentation creation/revision.
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain the integrity and security of the storage area networks and asset management systems.
Manage Transcode (Vantage) orchestrationsQUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 -4 years of On-Air and Post Production systems experience.
- Significant experience with production/post-production software (MAM infrastructure, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Chyron based Graphic Systems, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Apple Operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Network infrastructure and operations including Cisco switches (Nexus 5K).
- Knowledge of Quantum/NetApp storage system.
- Comprehension of a SAN connected environment and all related hardware and networking protocols.
- VM environments and configurations.
- Familiarity with IP addressing, file and directory permissions and networking concepts and terminologies.
- Excellent communication & organization skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced live broadcast environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.