Brand names: KFTV, World of Locations and The Knowledge
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Old Street, London
About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) is based at the heart of East London’s ‘Tech City’ and owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
The Events Team at MBI manage four prestigious awards ceremonies a year as well as working on bespoke events with a wide range of partners and investors including; breakfasts, drinks reception, networking events and small conferences.
MBI brands are: Broadcast, Screen International, KFTV, The knowledge, Production intelligence and ALF Business Development.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields.
Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
About the Brands
Starting off as a print directory more than 50 years ago, KFTV has evolved into a comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community.
KFTV allows you to search for film, TV and commercials production services around the world.
Production managers, line producers, producers, art directors, location managers and other production personnel search the website for anything from studios to camera equipment and from service companies to accountants.
World of Locations
World of Locations is a print publication showcasing the world’s film, TV and commercials locations – used by production companies and professionals who want inspiration about where to film their next project.
The Knowledge www.theknowledgeonline.com
The Knowledge is a UK one-stop shop directory for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television.
Both theknowledgeonline.com and its annual print directory provide more than 15,000 UK-wide contacts in over 440 categories.
Researching upcoming film/tv productions, filming locations and incentives.
To write and upload editorial content for KFTV, World of Locations and the Knowledge websites, bulletins and print publications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate daily online B2B international film and TV news content for KFTV.com and daily UK-focussed content for the Knowledge and the associated weekly and country specific bulletins.
- Create content for the bi-annual printed World of Locations and KFTV’s annual printed Production Guide
- Update KFTV.com filming guides and tax incentives pages for each country
- Commission freelance writers when required to produce in-depth articles
- Opportunity to travel to production industry events in the UK and overseas.
- Work with sales & product development teams to drive brand growth, and contribute to the commercial success of the brands
- A working knowledge of and interest in how films and high-end TV dramas are produced
- Excellent research skills
- Experience with a CMS
- Strong initiative
- A keen networker
- Confidence to make independent editorial decisions regarding content
- Experience of working within a larger team and co-ordinating an editorial strategy with sales goals
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise daily assignments
- Experience of using Google Analytics to pursue editorial goals
Additional personal requirements
- Able to demonstrate MBI’s values: Innovation, Expertise, Customer Focus, Passion and Honesty
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take ownership and initiative
- Understanding of the commercial aspects of the role
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
In recognition of our talented people we also offer?
- Flexible Working hours
- Additional day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 30 days
- Hold annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Interest free travel loans
- Company sponsored lunch & learning sessions
- Friday breakfasts
- Unlimited tea and coffee, to keep us all going!
We look forward to working with you!
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations.
Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
Please note: acquisition by agencies will not be appreciated.