Role: Marketing and Content Executive
Department/Region: UK Marketing, MTV
Line Manager: Brand Manager
Contract: Full-time 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Marketing is pivotal in shaping the success of MTV UK’s ratings, brand awareness, advocacy and commercial objectives.
The Marketing and Content Executive will work directly with the Brand Manager and the Head of Marketing on multiple projects to assist in the day-to-day development and delivery of ambitious, innovative and effective marketing campaigns.
Projects will include assisting with elements of the 360 degree marketing campaigns for hugely successful UK commissions as well as International priority acquisitions. Outside of entertainment, the Marketing and Content Executive will also have the opportunity to be involved in delivering on strategies for Music and Events.
The UK Marketing team sits within the wider MTV 360 team (Press, Digital, Media Planning, Programming) . A core aspect of this role is the requirement for the Marketing and Content Executive to take on and champion social media/digital content creation that can be used across disciplines. We are looking for a passionate content creator and social media whizz with a record of creating fun, engaging content. Someone who can edit existing content but also someone excited by spotting opportunities to generate new content on a regular basis to positively affect our social engagement and ensure we reach our target audience in interesting and fun ways throughout.
You will be a champion of our brand and audience; someone who is passionate about youth and committed to consistently understanding our audiences; their relationships, aspirations, concerns, interests and media habits.
We’re looking for a superstar for this exciting and challenging role that requires a leadership, time management, creative, self-motivation, project management and attention-to-detail skill set.
Lead Social Media activity:
- Assist the Head of Marketing and Brand Manager in planning and executing brand and content marketing activity whilst taking responsibility for specific elements of each campaign.
- Manage social media strategy implementation across all priority shows including BAU maintenance.
- Be our social media whizz! Proactively come up with fun, tactical ideas to increase engagement and appointment to view
- Based on insight, pre-empt challenges and proactively propose new ideas or alternative solutions
- Analyse and report social media activity per campaign to 360 group and senior management
- Monitor new apps and platforms with a view to recommending additions into marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Create monthly pdf updates to the wider team, showing key activity and results plus future plans.
- Manage content strategy models across our social media platforms.
- Produce content for use across social media and digital.
- Work across the wider team to create regular social media assets across disciplines.
- Attend promotional shoots and press events to capture additional content for all MTV social media platforms
- Create fresh content (memes/gifs/short vid content) each week.
- Edit digital content (video & image) & ensure all assets meet MTV Brand Guidelines, with the potential to be rolled out internationally.
- Regularly share newly produced content & ideas with the wider team
- Project manage 360 campaigns with both owned media and ATL campaigns.
- Write briefs to be delivered across Media, Creative and Influencer campaigns.
- Manage influencer strategy working directly with talent, agencies and our PR & Comms teams.
- Become a key contact for all internal stakeholders – Press & Publicity, Scheduling, Creative, Online, Media Planning etc.
- Communicate updates to the Marketing team, spotting opportunities to turn on air creative into social media assets.
- Support Brand Manager to manage day to day affiliate marketing relations
- Liaise with and provide our international MTV marketing contacts with key creative assets, strategy and best practice documents
- Work closely with the MTV Digital team, ensure synergy of content strategy on all campaigns
- Support the wider team in delivering effective and innovative brand and media partnerships for key programming
- Day-to-day management of Intern workload
- Effectively supervise the work experience personnel
- Own and maintain department infrastructure and champion organisational processes e.g. image databases, department shared drive, weekly meetings and general team admin
- Forge close working relationships with other Viacom marketing contacts (Comedy Central, Nick) to ensure best practises across the divisions
- Support on local campaign activity for International events and priority campaigns
- With a finger on the pulse, communicate interesting trends, industry developments and insight into youth behaviour to the Marketing team regularly.
Finance and legal:
- Support the Brand Manager and Head of Marketing in the management, forecasting and monitoring of budgets.
- Raise and track POs for department, be a key contact for the finance and HR team when dealing with external suppliers
- Be the key contact for Legal and support the rest of the team when working on contracts for competitions & partnerships
- Creativity – the ability to come up with interesting ideas that adhere to the MTV brand values.
- Ideally degree educated or compensating marketing experience.
- Experience or knowledge of youth brand/media marketing as well as a keen interest in music and entertainment
- Experience of managing suppliers, budgets, external agencies and third parties.
- Experience in assisting the development and delivery of marketing campaigns
- Is a good communicator, has excellent presentation skills, takes the initiative and is hard working with a positive attitude
- Has the ability to prioritise effectively and works accurately and well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Has a strong attention to detail, competent at managing spread sheets and power point and delivering results
- Photoshop skills – Mandatory
- Editing experience – Familiar with FCP / Premier / Avid. Knowledge editing creative short form using After FX desirable.
- Shooting experience – Knowledge of shooting on 5D / 7D (stills & video) desirable
- Presentation skills – PowerPoint mandatory, other software (i.e Prezi) desirable
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll give you £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.