A successful candidate will:
- Download and ingest video and audio material from a variety of sources to the server as requested.
- Ingest packages and footage from outside correspondents
- Work with Video Editors and editorial staff in the newsroom to coordinate the flow of video and production of news packages for daily broadcast.
- Set up daily feeds.
- Download shared video material from other production centres in the Network.
- Archive locally generated material, programs and news packages.
- Assist outside correspondents with footage requests.
- Be prepared to work varied shift hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
- Must be acquainted with current methods of video delivery including FTP, inter-site transfer methods and direct delivery by satellite/fibre.
- Must be familiar with naming conventions as well as the various standards of video format, i.e. HD/SD NTSC/PAL 1080i and so on.
- Possess a clear understanding of TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with IT tools to perform these tasks is desirable.
- Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events and personalities.
Shifts as required including evenings (not overnight) and weekends/public holidays