News - Videojournalist/MMJ - WMBF WMBF
- Job Reference: 251047490-2
- Date Posted: 24 March 2021
- Recruiter: Gray Television
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Broadcasting, Journalism, Production
- Job Type: Permanent
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF News in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for a Videojournalist/MMJ to join our award-winning team. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced market to sharpen your skills. We are looking for a dynamic applicant who is eager to learn all aspects of newsgathering, including videography, editing, lighting, microwave live truck setup, live shot camera operation for reporters, writing and reporting. We are looking for a storyteller with smart news judgment, excellent technical skills, and the ability to work independently and with others on deadline. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must. Successful applicants must possess a terrific grasp of current events on national and local levels along with strong organizational skills and the ability to shoot and edit your own video. You must also understand and embrace the importance of the multi-platform newsroom. A passion for winning with a can-do attitude is essential. Please apply online and be sure to attach your resume and links to your most recent work. No phone calls please.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
* Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
* Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
* Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance newscasts and stories
* Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
* Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
* Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
* Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
* Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
* Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports
* Edit video for broadcasts and the web
* A college degree in journalism, mass communication, or related field is required.
* At least one year newsroom experience preferred
* Must be able to work overnight, weekends, holidays, extra hours, etc.
* Flexibility when it comes to day to day role in the newsroom
* Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
* Competitive, energetic and self-starter with a willingness to learn
* Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
* Professional appearance a must
* Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Non-linear editing experience
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms
* Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required (must have a good driving record)
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at #currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WMBF-TV) and attach your resume