The Graphics & Data Support OB Team is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures on this client's high profile outside broadcasts, from the far flung corners of the world on F1 to the prestigious football stadiums of the UK to name a few.
If you’re a forward thinking engineer that likes the challenge of a broad range of new technology, would like the variety of travel in a proactive broadcast role this is the opportunity you have been looking for. From IP transition to VR graphics, Sports analysis to data feeds, M6 toll road to Houston Airport the Outside Broadcast area is a chance for motivated individuals to excel.
As a Technical Manager you will play a part in bringing in new technologies into BAU Support and be responsible for ensuring the continued high level of support required from their Customers.
- Provide management of a technical team – manage pdp process and development of individuals and the team
- Ensure continued stability of broadcast graphics and data OB systems, defining and implementing, maintenance schedule, software releases and upgrades
- Define specification, manage and maintain broadcast graphics and data OB systems to meet client requirements and service availability levels
- Define procedures to ensure reliable, robust broadcast systems on outside broadcasts
- Providing metrics & reports for systems stability and availability
- Manage incidents and prevent repetition of faults, improve system availability. Where necessary escalate faults for resolution to third party providers or relevant technical teams
- Create and evaluate technical and procedural documentation for the team and other interested parties
- Liaise with and provide input to system developers at various stages in the development cycle, to advice on operational aspects of future systems
- Have a good academic background, particularly in a technical discipline
- With a proven track record in delivering broadcast IT solutions
- We are looking for keen individuals who have at least 5 years’ experience in a Digital Television Broadcast environment or in managed IT services
- Have had experience in the transmission or transport of video and audio
- Experience with On Air Graphics solutions (Viz/Unreal/Unity)
- Understanding of AR/VR Graphics solutions
- Understanding of SD/HD/UHD/MPEG-4 AVC /H264, MPEG-5 HEVC Video Standards
- Understanding of Dolby E and Dolby Digital, Dolby ED-2 ac-4 Audio Standards
- Knowledge of networks TCP/IP/UDP/RTP and VLAN configuration, encapsulation of Transport Streams into IP
- Experience in the transmission or transport of video and audio over IP
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills, sound customer service, motivational skills and experience in technical troubleshooting
020 8948 9400
March 1, 2020