Post Production Technical Manager
A busy and well established West London facility is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and attentive Technical Manager to run a small but efficient team of Avid tech and MCR assistants. The candidate will be the first point of contact to the post producers and management. The Tech Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of the technical department, ensuring efficiency and best practices are maintained at all times.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of Avid edit assisting, at least two years’ experience of supervising a technical team at a busy facility and four years’ experience within post.
- Supervising a team of tech assistants providing support for 20 edit and finishing suites.
- Working closing with the Operations Director to create workflows for up and coming projects and attending client meetings when necessary.
- Working with the post producers to manage the work load and ensure deadlines are kept.
- Maintaining the tech team roster and scheduling staff accordingly.
- Ensuring internal processes and procedures are adhered to and developing news ones as necessary
- General IT maintenance on the edit systems and client computers, PC reinstalls as necessary, keeping them up to date etc.
- Exporting, ingesting, and conforming from various tape and tapeless formats.
- Carrying out tape transfers and standards conversions from various formats.
- Maintaining and carrying out administrative tasks on the Editshare.
- Staff training and recruitment.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology and researching new equipment investment opportunities.
Knowledge and Experience:
The applicant will need to have proven skills in the following areas:
It is essential that the candidate has the relevant industry experience and is able to start ASAP. Candidates straight out of university will not be considered.