The Ideal Candidate
BSc/MSc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or and Media Based engineering, or in lieu of degree, relevant experience in a broadcast engineering role with a broad mix of experience.
Solid understanding of Broadcast systems, networks & software engineering principles, methodologies, design patterns, algorithms and data structures. Understanding of Video and Audio Technologies including Video Codec compression such as AVCi 100, VoD Streaming, File based Media Workflows. Knowledge of one or more object orientated programming languages, together with industry experience writing robust software.
Good written and verbal communication skills and a passion for delivering to a high standard within short timescales.
Broadcast software applications such as Aspera, Signiant, EVS, BCS, Ardome/VIZ One, Avid, Quantel, Rohzet Elemental, etc.
Experienced Broadcast Solutions Designer with a demonstrated history of working in the broadcast media industry. Skilled in Ingest/MAM systems, OTT VOD &Streaming Media, Live Broadcast, Non-linear Editing, UHD End to End workflows, Software Development, and Broadcast Engineering.
- Experience with Linux/Windows & OSX
- Experience with Storage Systems such as EMC Isilon/IBM/Media Grid.
- Experience and understanding of Production workflows related to VIZ Ardome/One, Avid, SAM (Quantel) and EVS.
- Understanding of Transcoding and large scale transcode systems, Encryption and related workflows.
MAM and Tapeless Systems
- OTT VOD Content Prep (Transcoding, Subtitles, Audio Description, Dolby including ATMOS)
- UHD & ATMOS VOD
- Print and Graphics
- Fast Turnaround Systems End to end from ingest through to Hosting Delivery (Premier League Clips)
- News systems – High end News production system integration of all the systems
- Key Skills
- Deep understanding of broadcast and OTT video/audio systems from Ingest to Delivery
- Considerable knowledge of IT and Virtualisation Technologies, eg. Vmware, docker, openstack
- Strong understanding of networking concepts.
- Experienced in software programming in multiple languages
- Ability to build good working relations with 3rd Parties and Manufacturers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and across multiple departments
- Pro-active problem solver; flexible, adaptable, resourceful and capable of multi-tasking and performing well under pressure.
- Effective communication skills, being able to articulate information to a wide audience.
We do have a full job spec, which we can send on.
020 8948 9400