Job Title: Production Manager
Department: V Creative
Reporting To: Head of Production and Operations
Location: London, Hawley Crescent, NW1 8TT
Contract: Full-time for 13 months to start mid July 2019
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
V Creative is a fast moving department with a high turnover of short-form work. The department is responsible for creative output ranging from promos, social, brand development through to high profile multiplatform 360 marketing campaigns for show launches and Events.
A vital role within the department, the Production Manager is responsible for preparation and management of the On Air production budgets and the planning of the day to day promo delivery and creative workload as well as producing extensive campaigns. Responsible for managing the Production team and ensuring all creative demands are delivered with creative excellence on brand, on time and on budget. Daily support to the various Heads of Production.
Driving processes end-to-end, you’ll be confident, decisive and always ready to face new challenges while striving for perfection.
- Monitor and report overall budget for Creative Dept. to include HQ, discretionary, branding, project and campaigns with final responsibility for all reporting.
- Prepare month and years end reports on specific projects.
- Prepare cost estimates for new projects and campaigns .
- Report spend to finance department and Head of Production
- Responsible for freelance cost control.
- Ensure spend aligns with wider business objectives.
- Adhere to company guidelines regarding production spend, expenses and T&E.
- Manage weekly promo makelist, allocating project to team (with approval from Creative Director and Head of Production).
- Liaise with all ops teams to ensure smooth delivery of all on air content including channel ops and TX link
- Liaison point for compliance workflow.
- Ensure timeframes for creation and delivery are realistic and communicated across wider business.
- Ensure all deliveries are on time and on budget, while adhering to the creative ideals.
- Supervise work of Production Co-ordinators and Production Assistant, delegating tasks as appropriate.
- Assist Head of Production with forward planning as required.
- Recruit & source freelance production teams where necessary.
- Oversee post production bookings.
- Oversee Clearcast / CAP delivery processes, on-air delivery and off-air delivery.
- Project manage productions of on-air and off-air assets and oversee organisation for extensive promo and print shoot campaigns – with support provided by Production Coordinator and Production Assistant as required.
- Extensive knowledge of crew rates and APA policy.
- Extensive knowledge of both shoot and post production technologies and advise team on best use for creative execution.
- Sometimes need to attend recces with directors and HODs, assess filming facilities, identify potential problems, and negotiate fees where appropriate.
- Ensure all shot based activity adheres to health and safety and full risk assessed.
- Oversee contracts, negotiations and legal issues
LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS
- Liaison point for music and legal queries relating to on air.
- Oversee contracts for all suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms and fees for collaborating production companies, creative agencies and freelancers, with H Of Production.
- Liaise with the legal, HR and finance departments for all contracts, NDA’s, vendor selection, capex, payments, and implement new company policies effectively into the daily work routine e.g. freelancer employment guidelines, expenses and T&E, v/o contract negotiations, be aware of changes to accounts payable processes.
- Line manage Production Assistant and Creative Assistant, responsible for their PDR review process.
- Effectively resource and support Production team across all projects.
- Support with recruiting new talent.
CROSS BRAND WORKING
- This role involves working across the V Creative teams which includes Channel5 and its entire family (5Star, 5USA, 5Spike, My5 and 5Select), Comedy Central and Paramount.
- You will work closely with The Channel5 Head of Production and Operations, The Comedy Central Head of Production and the Vice President of Creative for Paramount.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Extensive experience with all aspects of short form and branding production: ideally within an on-air / off-air / digital / commercials environment.
- Extensive experience of complex shoot production – a proven record of leading on large scale photography and video shoots or working into a Producer across such projects.
- Experience of all types of post production and graphics facilities essential.
- Ability to budget and forecast accurately and draw up all kinds of filming budgets from small location shoots to large studio filming and set builds.
- Ability to draw up risk assessments and in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Experience of managing a small production team – effectively motivating and developing staff to achieve high outputs.
- Extensive experience of budget creation, execution and management.
- Experience of solving complex problems.
- Assertive and able to achieve desired results.
- Highly organised and planned approach to work.
- Excellent communications and relationship management skills.
- Highly numerate.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent administration skills.
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.