Production Support Engineer
The overall purpose of the job is to ensure the proactive maintenance and support of the diverse range of systems that together create our clients Studio & Editing facilities.
The role of the production support engineer is part of the shift engineering team supporting the business 24/7, 365 days a year.
An engineer will ensure that high quality proactive maintenance and reactive support is provided for studios and edit suites and also to support various workflows that provide content on which the production depends.
A high quality of fault reporting and knowledge-based sharing is required.
To provide 1st line support for all areas. Production support are responsible to meet customer expectations and maintain service availability levels.
- Support News, Sports News, Sports Racing, F1 and general purpose studios across the campus.
- Support Edit Suites and Audio dubbing equipment and workflows.
- Support Content services workflows.
- Support Broadcast Control Systems.
- Support Talk Back comms systems.
- Collaborate closely with shift colleagues and work with specialist team members closely in establishing root cause of ongoing issues
- Ensure incidents are logged and reported to high standards.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge-base, ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Good report writing and handover documentation is required to assist support management
- Be pro-active to minimise the re-active.
- Provide a support organisation that reacts quickly to failure and ensure that the responding Engineer has all the tools, access and knowledge available to resolve the issues.
- Take ownership of issues for the Support department.
- To keep abreast of future business strategy across TV Engineering
- To ensure that all functional areas within the department communicate effectively on both day to day operational problems and future opportunities
- Education to HND level in Broadcast Engineering, Media Technologies or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the television signal chain, specifically SD-SDI, HD-SDI, UHD and SMPTE 2022
- A good understanding of digital file delivery.
- A good understanding of television cameras, vision mixers, audio mixers and video routers.
- A working knowledge of control systems and talk back systems
- An excellent knowledge of personal computing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- The desire to work in a pressurised environment and demands of a live broadcast environment.
- Bench work, fault finding skills to component level.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- An understanding of computer programming.
- Linux/Unix system administering