Programme Planning Coordinator
London – Contract - Starting November 18th, 2019
Job Reference: AT1019PPC
Date posted: October 30, 2019
Recruiter: EMS Technical Personnel
Job Type: Contract (3 months)
Working Days: Monday - Friday
An exciting opportunity at this West London based global broadcaster. This Planning Coordinator (Assistant) role, as part of the Portfolio Strategy Scheduling Team, is to take responsibility for the accurate inputting of the schedule and day-to-day administration of one or two assigned UK channels.
The role is to ensure that schedules for assigned channel(s) are continuously and correctly entered into the scheduling system (IBMS). The role will also be expected to support Scheduling Executives from time to time in the inputting of schedules for other channels, and to provide cover for absences.
Additional responsibilities include researching and becoming familiar with schedules of competitor channels, as well as providing broader support to the wider team for scheduling requirements in support of other departments including Brand Partnerships and Media Planning.
The Planning Assistant will also be expected to support the Scheduling Managers of their designated channels and may be required to deputise in their absence, maintaining a clear understanding of the scheduling strategies around the channels and the logistical and legal issues relating to them.
- Accurately input schedules into IBMS and communicate schedule amendments as required by the Schedule Manager(s)
- Maintain stock lists & inventory, advising on any sourcing/out of license issues
- Maintain programming and portfolio tracking documents
- Create ad-hoc IBMS reports as necessary
- Create and distribute clash check documents regularly amongst the team
- Help compile monthly sponsorship hours for the UK Brand Partnerships team
- Ensure terrestrial and key competitor schedules and initiatives are tracked using internet research etc. and ensure this information is collated efficiently for communication to the rest of the Scheduling Team
- To build strong relationships and handle day to day enquiries from other departments and to inform the Presentation, Listings, Media Planning, Operations, Press and Marketing teams of initiatives or changes, as required or requested.
- Help test IBMS as and when needed
- Excellent attention to detail is vital
- Experience of working in a TV broadcast environment
- Planning and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and the ability to multi-task
- Team player and able to work effectively on own initiative when required
- Interest in TV scheduling practices
- Pro-active approach to work
- Ability to communicate at varying levels
- Experience in Word & Excel
- Preferably experienced in IBMS
020 8948 9400
November 17, 2019