A number of presentation scheduling opportunities exist at our West London based, high profile, broadcaster client.
The purpose of these roles are to plan and prepare and assist in the execution of daily presentation schedules for assigned networks in conjunction, and coordinating, with the Programming, On Air Promotion, Sports, Sales and Media Planning departments, ensuring accuracy, completeness, compliance and delivery according to the prescribed deadlines.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Preparing daily programme schedules, ensuring they are all accurate for transmission according to applicable regulations on all feeds.
- Creating advance schedules, optimising break patterns and managing and delivering template management to support all events including live sport
- Interpreting media plans in order to maximize effectiveness of all inventory.
- Promoting best practice workflows in IBMS/WhatsOn and business workflows
- Liaison with 3rd parties (e.g. External Advertising Sales Agency, Regional Sales Houses, and External Play-out Service Provider) as required.
- Liaising with Content ops, Media Planning, Inventory management and programme planning team to follow up technical issues related to scheduled materials such as promotions, commercials, sponsorships, etc.
- Liaising with the Media Planner to ensure smooth hand over of prepped schedules ready for promo placement.
- Taking a proactive role in the on-air look and strategy of the channel by regular monitoring and reviewing of feed.
- Identify issues and work with relevant departments to find solutions ensuring all elements air successfully and fulfill Ofcom/Nicam, etc requirements.
- To fully understand break patterns and templates and ensure they are checked and loaded into the system and that all final commercial loads or amendments are actioned.
- Organization and regular revision of presentation templates.
- Liaise with the Media Asset Management team and Regional Sales teams checking all media items are present or accounted for prior to download of schedules to transmission.
- Representing Network scheduling professionally at all times
- Assisting and supporting other teams within the Network Origination Services department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed
- Supporting live event structures and requirements for break patterns and primary and secondary events scheduling
- Broad presentation experience at least 2 or more years` within the broadcasting environment including live scheduling
- A Team player with the ability to work in teams across the department and cross-territorial
- Broad understanding of the Broadcasting environment, Ofcom, Nicam, IBMS/WON applications and their interfaces.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Experience in Free to Air/Commercial On-Air scheduling
- Willingness to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
- Computer literate with prior experience in working with Excel and Word and relevant presentation system.
- Ability to work as part of wider team and to interpret instructions appropriately.
- Proactive individual with a ‘can do’ attitude but knows when to escalate issues.
- Proven track record of efficient scheduling under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a structured approach to problem solving.
- A passion for television (and sport structures if required)
- Ability to be pro-active and highly motivated at all times
020 8948 9408
December 9, 2019