Senior Legal Advisor - Broadcast Legal and Business Affairs
Technology and data are at the heart of ITV’s strategy for its consumer and commercial business areas with ITV committed to using both efficiently and effectively in order to drive viewing, to help make our advertising more effective and to increase the use of our consumer businesses such as ITV Hub, ITV Box Office, ITV.com/win and our subscription video on demand services
We are looking for a Senior Legal Advisor to join the team. The primary function of this role is to provide first class legal support for the legal function working closely with the Direct to Consumer, Commercial and Marketing teams.
- Understanding ITV’s technology infrastructure and related contractual arrangements as well as negotiating and contracting technology agreements and services agreements including in relation to data processing, product development, hosting and support;
- Advising on the compliance aspects of the data uses proposed by the ITV business teams and providing legal advice and support in implementing the same;
- Negotiating and contracting agreements with research and analytics providers;
- Working with the ITV Regulatory Affairs team and updating relevant business areas (including Direct to Consumer, Commercial and Marketing) on regulatory developments;
- Working collaboratively across ITV on strategic projects and compliance; and
- To develop and maintain a network of relationships across ITV and externally to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach to the provision of legal services.
- A commercially minded and solution-oriented lawyer.
- An exceptional team player who can command respect at all levels of the business areas they support.
- An excellent communicator who can develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with various ITV teams, including direct to consumer, commercial, marketing & research, regulatory affairs, other ITV legal and business affairs teams and finance.
- An understanding of commercial and strategic drivers for the ITV businesses.
- Experience of working with technology teams on complex technology projects including leading on the negotiation and drafting of technology contracts. Experience related to advertising or advertising technology would be an advantage.
- Experience of advising on data protection and privacy matters. Candidates will be expected to have a working knowledge of GDPR and privacy legislation, preferably with experience of the practical application of legislation in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a deadline driven environment and managing input from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of content licensing and general commercial contracts would be an advantage.
ITV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role.
"ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."