makes media happen by helping media companies to better monetize their content. Its flagship product, Monarch, is the only global ad sales platform built for media - transforming chaotic data into actionable sales information that delivers the insights necessary for prospecting, managing, evaluating and closing business. The company manages more than $13 billion in media ad revenue, offering its best-in-class analytics, sales intelligence, media-specific CRM, buy-side aggregation and sales tools to more than 10,000 media sellers to more efficiently manage their workflow.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, Matrix has a proven technology platform and an outstanding team with wide-ranging media expertise. The company is customer-focused through the capabilities it offers, and how the platform is implemented, delivered, and supported. This holistic approach to customer success is why we boast a near 100% renewal rate from existing customers. The success of Matrix comes as a direct result of hard work across our customers' experience and a steadfast focus on media sales.
As Senior Software Architect on the Matrix Solutions team, you will design large-scale solutions for broadcast television and digital workflows, leveraging industry developments including the TIP initiative, digital sales standards and emerging sales business models. A successful candidate will have the ability to work with Product and Development Teams to analyze and solve customer business problems. As a key stakeholder, the Senior Software Architect will work with other stakeholders to create and evolve a strategic applications architecture and ensure product development efforts are aligned with these designs.Who are you and what do you bring to the table?
What will get you through the front door?
- You are a hard-charging, ambitious, tech-savvy and forward-thinking Architect who gets excited about building great products that will thrive in the future
- You are eager to create scalable and game-changing solutions for an expanding media advertising market that is primed for new experiences
- You like to challenge the status-quo and don't settle for easy answers
- You are looking for a job that allows for opportunity to spread your technical wings, and have an influence over the direction of the product and strategy
- You are motivated to learn the business and build products that solve problems, not just meet requirements
- You thrive in situations where you must lead and communicate with engineers, designers, product managers, and customers
- You are equipped to lead, mentor, communicate, and distribute knowledge of architectural designs and implementations to the rest of the team and/or company
- You are excited to take on new challenges
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related technical field (or relevant work experience)
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions
- You have experience with cloud native architectures, micro services, enterprise integration platforms, messaging infrastructures, and event driven architectures
- You can demonstrate a strong understanding of data architecture and the design considerations for high volume transaction systems
- You have the ability to design and implement integrations with partners and customers
- You are eligible for employment in the U.S
- Media industry and/or digital advertising sales experience
- Experience with Kafka, Event Hub, Kinesis, or other tools for event streaming
- Development experience with C# and ASP.NET Core
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Experience developing or designing applications on Microsoft Azure or other PaaS platforms
- Familiarity with functional programming, particularly a working knowledge of F#
- Worked with distributed source control systems, especially Git
- Familiarity with startup culture, or experience working within other SaaS companies
Powered by JazzHR