Senior VDI Engineer
- Job Reference: 172444591-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2020
- Recruiter: Stand 8
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Salary: USD2.00
- Bonus/Benefits: W2 Salary with Benefits
- Sector: Broadcasting, Engineering & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
STAND 8 is a strategic services and staffing company that partners great talent with amazing opportunities in technology solutions for all industries. We work with top tier client-partners across the United States and have offices in LA, Atlanta, New York, and Morro Bay. This position offers full time benefits, bonus, and longevity for talented associates who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
We are looking for a Senior VDI Systems Administrator for a leading global broadcast media and entertainment client. If you have a background in Virtual Desktop and Application Solutions for enterprise environments, this could be a great opportunity for you!
* Architect and deploy VMware Horizon Cloud environments.
* Co-architect, deploy, and maintain cloud based VDI environments, including AWS Workspaces, Azure, and VMWare Cloud on AWS.
* Architect and deploy RDSH virtual applications in the VMware Horizon Cloud environment.
* Deploy profile management with VMware DEM.
* Creation and maintenance of VDI master images.
* Creation and maintenance of persistent and non-persistent desktop pools.
* Creation and maintenance of RDSH virtual applications.
* Perform daily VDI administration, maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
* Create and maintain processes, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for systems administration and operations teams.
* Analyze and isolate problems and issues while leading problem bridges while being available for 3rd level on call support when needed.
* Enhance and improve existing infrastructure through automation and reporting.
* Collaborate effectively with a team, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Successfully deliver projects, meet project milestones, and communicate issues/risks appropriately.
* Take handoff of problems from SME leads and work them independently to root cause.
* Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
* Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
* Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
* 7+ years of experience in Virtual Desktop administration using VMware Horizon 7.x. and Virtualization infrastructure operations using VMware vSphere 6.x, AWS Workspaces, and Microsoft Azure WVD.
* 5+ years of experience in Virtual Application packaging and remediation using VMware Horizon RDSH application, App Volumes and ThinApp including writable AppVolume experience. VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager/DEM aka User Environment Manager/UEM
* Experience deploying and maintaining Windows 10 desktop platforms.
* Experience deploying applications via RDSH.
* Experience with comprehensive understanding of Windows Active Directory, Groups and Policies
* Ability to self-direct , while coordinating with others to complete team project tasking's and investigate issues under limited supervision
* Knowledge of or ability to learn server driven applications and databases
* Knowledge of or ability to learn established security and availability management policies
* Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
* Capability of briefing management on project status
* Experience using Installation and Configuration Management best practices
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
* Experience with VMware vRealize Operations
* Experience with SCCM and OSD.
* Good understanding of Okta MFA using Radius.
* Strong technical knowledge of Windows Deployments and User Profile Management.
* A self-starter that shows initiative and takes action