Our client is a leading multi-channel broadcaster who are looking for a Support Analyst to support the daily media management and content product live services.
- To support the media management workflow from supply inwards through to delivery to third parties.
- Utilise IT and production monitoring and process checks to identify and diagnose complex service impacting issues across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Analysis and resolution of a diverse range of incidents impacting live workflows. Initiate and communicate response to service disruption and support proactive measures aimed at preventing recurrence.
- Logging all incidents accurately and documenting all investigative activities; including all technical means employed to ascertain the nature of the fault and remedial action taken.
- Managing incident and escalating as appropriate as per defined process.
- Keep up to date with operational changes, ensuring that actions are taken in line with best practice.
- Use strong communication skills to articulate accurate information to technical and non-technical audiences in the course of addressing an incident, and in related actions afterwards.
- To become the support export with the content platform, including Freeway, Vidispine, DataDog and any other system/software required.
- Provide deeper process assistance and support (generally 2nd and 3rd line) to the service delivery team and CircleIT 1st line support
- Write specification documents for system enhancements, process and organisation change and improvements.
- To maintain the content security standards required by the business and report any breeches immediately to line manager or Infosec manager.
- To develop, document and constantly review standard operating procedures for the role, including training guides, disaster recovery procedures and contact lists.
- Such other related duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Experience, knowledge & skills required:
- Demonstrable IT support experience in a software-based environment
- Understand about networks, IP and IT environments - Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP desireable
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL support model, ideally foundation certified in ITIL v2 or greater
- Experience with dealing with internal and external providers professionally and calmly, even when under pressure.
- Ideally to have experience and passion in media industry, with media assets and asset management systems, video codecs and transcoder profiles.
- Knowledge of best practice in IT security, policies and procedures
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of scripts, XML,XSLT or an interest in learning is desirable
- Some experience of public cloud experience, ideally in AWS, is desirable
- To have experience of platform monitoring tools, ideally DataDog and CloudHealth.
- Experience of Jira and Confluence.
- A genuine interest in learning how TV works and broadcast workflow.