Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air operations of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
As NOC Sports Technical Manager
at NBCUniversal (NBCU), you will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all NBCU Sports Origination Center channels.
Qualifications/RequirementsBasic Qualifications3 yrs in a leadership role showing strong computer, communication, and facilitation skills
- Manage the on-air cable operations for multiple cable sports networks on a shift.
- Manage projects related to the execution or enhancement of a specific sports network.
- Drive reliability of on-air schedules in a fast paced environment, and work to maintain 99.999% on-air availability and reliability for all sports channels.
- Manage all daily sports operations center engineering maintenance procedures.
- Manage on-air staff in the execution of live sports programming on shift.
- Own and facilitate day of air issue resolution between all NBCU departments (including Sales, Traffic, Sports, Programming, and Promotions).
- Act as the point of contact to business functional leaders in coordinating daily schedules and broadcast operation.
- Serve as decision maker for the execution of all contingency situations for live events.
- Manage the execution and decision-making for all live events, including in-event issue resolution and off-air adjustments, including, but not limited to approx starts, schedule slides, join in progress and leave in progress.
- Manage the booking, acquisition and monitoring of inbound and outbound feeds for live events, including performing fax throughs.
- Serve as the owner of day of air processes and the point of contact for a specific sports network, ensuring a reliable record and same day re-air process.
3 yrs experience in a leadership role in a fast paced environment requiring troubleshooting and process skills, and exhibiting an ability to effectively lead, prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios
A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work at Englewood Cliffs, NJ
This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment
BA/BS in related field
10 yrs experience in an On-air broadcast environment.
3 yrs experience in a leadership or management role exhibiting proven leadership, high energy level and strong people management skills
3 yrs experience in leading the execution of live television events.
5 yrs experience exhibiting overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements.
3 yrs experience performing TOC duties, demonstrating knowledge of satellite tunings and transmission systems.
3 yrs experience in executing off-air scenarios for live events, including approx starts, schedule slides, join in progress and leave in progress
Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with work rules and scheduling