Timeline is a market-leading provider of broadcast services to BT Sport, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Sky. With offices in Stratford (BT Sport), Soho, Ealing Studios and MediaCity (Salford), Timeline is the industry’s principle authority on shared server systems and a specialist in the delivery of IP Director networks.
About the Role
Timeline TV is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Technical Operator to work at BT Studios and the BT Sport broadcast facility in Stratford, East London. In this role you will set up and operate a range of technical equipment and will support live production in a busy studio environment.
- You will use your understanding of studio equipment and technology to help production teams to achieve their goals in a busy studio environment.
- Rig and operate a range of technical equipment including vision mixers, video display systems, studio cameras, AR, EVS Video Replay, audio and lighting equipment.
- Prepare live and pre-recorded studio graphics for video display systems.
- Work to the direction of Technical Managers, ‘Craft’ specialists and the Timeline Engineering team to deliver the best technical and creative outcome possible.
- Ensure that technical issues are addressed quickly, or escalated to the appropriate engineering support teams to resolve.
- Understand and comply with the prevailing H&S policies at the BT Sport Studios.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with production clients.
This is a shift-based role and will involve some weekend and overnight work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An understanding of broadcast systems, equipment and technology including cameras, sound, vision, lighting, graphics and file-based media workflows.
- Able to demonstrate practical skills, an aptitude for operating technical equipment, and experience as a multi-skilled operator in a similar broadcast environment.
- A good communicator who is able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients, and to remain calm under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated; able to prioritize a workload and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in an operational role using the following systems and equipment will be highly regarded: Sony vision mixers, Spyder video display, AR/VR, Sony studio cameras and EVS video replay.
- Knowledge of safe work methods and health and safety legislation as it applies in a broadcast studio environment.
You will be eligible for a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance