Appear AS is in the process of opening it's UK office and we are looking for a highly skilled and service minded Test & Support Engineer to assist our growing list of customers with new and exciting projects within the UK & Ireland by joining our Global team.
Based in the UK, your responsibility will be to ensure Appear's Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. You will be working with our experienced support team and in close cooperation with our Development, Technical & Commercial Sales teams.
- Supporting our current and future deployed HW and SW based contribution and distribution video delivery solutions deployed world wide
- Being a trusted adviser to customers concerning deployment, testing and end user feedback
- 2nd and 3rd line support and deep debug investigations
- Run System Release & SW Patch Tests
- Remote configuration, maintenance and diagnostics
- Participate when trained in the 24/7 Technical Support capability function
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions as required
- Engage with clients remotely & face to face on all Technical Support matters primarily in the UK & occasionally Internationally.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent). BSc will also be considered with relevant experience
- Have a minimum of 3+ years’ work experience
- Technical level understanding in two or more of the following areas:
o Digital Video Distribution, Contribution Networks & OTT
o Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
o Video compression formats and DVB/MPEG TS
o TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols (CCNA preferred)
o Linux operating systems (specifically embedded systems)
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery systems
- Shows initiative, independent and courteous in all communication - Customer service and interactions
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, supporting tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement, with other language skills being an advantage.
Being based within traveling distance or the willingness to relocate to the Winchester area would be highly desirable.
- State-of-the-art products and technology environment
- Leading customers and projects
- Competitive terms & benefits
- Young Team Environment in a dynamic company in a growth phase
- Strong opportunities for career growth and advancement