WJAR, Southern New England's News Leader, has a great opportunity for a Traffic Anchor/Lifestyle Reporter/Host. Must be a 'morning person' who is an all-star team player with outstanding energy and a passion for helping people navigate the daily commute, whether by car, train, or bus. Should be social media savvy and know how to engage with audiences on all platforms! Must have a great personality, be comfortable on-air, know or be able to quickly learn traffic patterns around Providence and heading north towards Boston, and operate our Total Traffic computer system.
After the morning rush, the ideal candidate will also play a key role as one of the co-hosts for "Studio 10," a daily live show that combines entertainment, community, and lifestyle pieces along with paid segments. You will be expected to produce and conduct live and taped paid and non-paid interviews, segments and packages, go live in the field as needed, participate in product demonstrations, and produce segments in the studio and in the field. You will be expected to produce daily content for digital and social platforms, in addition to television.
- Execute live presentations at a chroma screen to tell the traffic story
- Develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts
- Ability to manage digital platforms including social media and website
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Assist with daily show prep and content generation
- Ability to conduct live and taped interviews in studio and in the field
- Assist producer with booking guests and writing teases
- Able to shoot, write, and edit paid and non-paid stories
- Call and schedule sales clients for in-studio interviews and shoots
- Participate in pre and post-show meetings
- Contribute content to digital and social platforms
- Interact with viewers on social media
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Must be able to operate traffic computer system
- Minimum of 1 year of on-air hosting experience on a lifestyle show or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience shooting video, writing and editing long and short form packages, vignettes, Facebook Lives, and other on-air or digital assignments as needed
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Must work professionally and collaboratively and help foster a team environment with co-workers
- Professional interaction and collaboration with clients and guests is required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift, including weekends and holidays as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.