Broadcast Jobs - Terms & Conditions
Copyright Media Business Insight Limited ©2011 - all rights reserved. Reproduction of this site, in whole or in part, in any form or medium without express permission from Media Business Insight Limited Ltd is prohibited. Your use of this web site is subject to our legal terms. Please read these carefully.
Legal Terms and Conditions
This is www.broadcastjobs.co.uk, operated by Media Business Insight Limited Ltd. Your use of this web site is subject to the following terms and conditions, which by using the web site you are deemed to accept:
1. Content rightsCopyright and all other rights in all of the material on this site are owned by Media Business Insight Limited Ltd or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner. As a visitor to the site, you may copy material on this site for your own private or domestic purposes, but no copying, adapting or transmitting for any purpose other than your own private or domestic purposes is permitted.
2. The information on this siteWhilst we try to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete, we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information on this site. We advise you to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
3. Links to other sitesYou may be offered automatic links to other sites which we hope you will be interested in. Media Business Insight Limited Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any link, commercial or otherwise with Media Business Insight Limited Ltd.
1. Broadcastjobs.co.uk is the UK's leading site for fashion jobs. As with all advertising mediums we don't guarantee response rates. Response rates can vary from week to week and may also be affected by the quality of your job copy.
2. Any jobs purchased from Broadcastjobs.co.uk can be advertised after the initial agreed contract has expired, but only on the basis that the customer enters into a rolling 1 month contract agreement. (see: Cancellation Policy). All un-advertised jobs will not be available to the customer outside an agreed contract.
1. Broadcastjobs.co.uk do not accept any cancellation during the agreed contract dates clearly stated on the contract. Upon receipt of the signed agreement, the customer has by law legally entered into a legally binding contract.
2. After the initial minimum contract period has expired all contracts will enter into a rolling 1 month contract which provides the customer with continuing access. This may be cancelled effective from the next invoice date, provided the customer gives notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org not less than 30 days before the due date of the next invoice. Cancellation is not effective until confirmed by Broadcastjobs.co.uk.
The CV database is a service that we, Media Business Insight Limited Ltd, provide to individuals that want their CVs made available to recruitment agents and potential employers. By submitting your CV to us you agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. You warrant that the information contained within your CV honestly and accurately describes yourself and your qualifications, experience etc and that the information in your CV is up to date.
2. You agree that we may use your CV and the contact details provided by you to contact you about job opportunities that we believe might interest you.
3. You agree that we may also make your CV which will necessarily include your contact details and other personal data available to selected third parties, such as recruitment agents and potential employers (“associates”) so that they may contact you directly about job opportunities that they believe might interest you or in order to otherwise help you find employment.
4. You accept that as a result of your personal data being made available online it may be provided to people outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) in territories in which the protection conferred on data subjects is not as extensive as it is within the EEA, although We will endeavour to ensure that all Associates respect Your rights.
5. If you no longer wish for your CV to be made available on our database please let us know by sending an appropriate email to this address: email@example.com. Once we are aware that you no longer wish to have your CV made available for job opportunities we will cease to contact you about them and will cease to make your CV available to associates. However, associates that already have your CV will not know that you are no longer interested in receiving information about job opportunities so you will need to inform them of this as and when they contact you.
6. In using your CV and your personal data we will respect your rights under the Data Protection act 1998 and will take reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure.
7. You accept that we are not responsible or liable for the activities or representations of any Associates or any employers with whom we put you in touch. You should exercise all due caution in contacting anyone that claims to be an Associate and taking up any offers of employment with or through them.
8. You agree to comply with the general terms and conditions of use for our website which can be found above.
9. This site and the CV database service are operated by Media Business Insight Limited Inform (part of Media Business Insight Limited Ltd) of:
Zetland House, 5-25 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4HJ
Telephone 0208 102 0863 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Unlimited CV Database Access allows our clients to view an unlimited number of CV's. Unlimited CV Downloads is subject to 'Reasonable Use'.
'Reasonable Use' is defined as less than 500 CV downloads within any 30 day period.
Applications and Correspondence with Recruiters and/or Employment Agencies
Recruiters and/or Employment Agencies should never ask for money to arrange a meeting or referral. Jobseekers should not send any money. If you receive such correspondence, please inform us immediately, as this is a breach of our terms and conditions.
2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 The types of personal information collected and stored by Media Business Insight Limited might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
2.2 Media Business Insight Limited (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(a) any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Media Business Insight Limited to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Media Business Insight Limited;
(b) any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an Media Business Insight Limited website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
(c) during any transaction with us; and
(d) any other data which you provide to Media Business Insight Limited when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
2.3 Media Business Insight Limited (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
3.1 Media Business Insight Limited will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Media Business Insight Limited uses and the security policies which Media Business Insight Limited has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
4.1 Media Business Insight Limited may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
(a) administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
(b) responding to any enquiry you make;
(c) subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Media Business Insight Limited’s or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
(d) for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Media Business Insight Limited website(s) and other services and developing Media Business Insight Limited’s marketing plans.
4.2 Media Business Insight Limited may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
(a) if you have given your consent for Media Business Insight Limited to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
(b) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Media Business Insight Limited to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
(c) to third parties selected by Media Business Insight Limited as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the Media Business Insight Limited website(s);
(d) to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Media Business Insight Limited's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
(e) (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Media Business Insight Limited and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Media Business Insight Limited to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an Media Business Insight Limitedwebsite; and
(f) to any individual making a subject information request to Media Business Insight Limited.
4.3 In the event that Media Business Insight Limited (or a relevant part of Media Business Insight Limited) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Media Business Insight Limited business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Media Business Insight Limited is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Media Business Insight Limited by the third party.
5. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other internet-enabled device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests; to recognise you when you return to our site.
6. Third Party Websites
7.1 To access certain parts of the Media Business Insight Limited websites, Media Business Insight Limited may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.